Midtown Throwdown




Mixed Martial Arts in Oregon is regulated by the Oregon State Athletic Commission (OSAC) in Salem, OR.

You must register with a national registry and receive an official MMA card.  An application for the national MMA card is available at National MMA ID Card Application Form.  There is no fee to register.  Submit the completed form to OSAC at 4190 Aumsville Hwy. SE Salem, OR 97317 either by mail or in person.  You must include two forms of legal identification (ie: driver's license and passport) and two passport sized (approx. 2in X 2in) photo which may be submitted electronically to osac@state.or.us. 

 You must also have a valid Oregon state license. A fillable form for your amateur state license is available from OSAC at  Oregon Application for Amateur MMA Fighter License.  There is a $10 fee for the Oregon license.

Third, you must have your blood tested for Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C and HIV.  The test cost is usually $89 but may vary with location.  This must be done within 30 days of your Oregon license renewal regardless of when you last tested. The “Fighter Panel” results are available 24 – 72 business hours after collection.  Test results on all three must be negative.  Blood work results are good for a period of one year.  Call RequestATest now at 1-888-732-2348 for a location near you.  You can also click here RequestATest to find a location.

The lab will usually FAX test results to OSAC, however, it is your responsibility to make sure both the Commission (503-378-6878 fax) and Midtown (541-746-7376 fax) receive a copy.  You must give written consent for the lab to forward your test results.

Professional mixed martial arts fighters must have an annual physical examination in addition to blood work.  Click this link for a copy of the official Report of Physical Examination required by OSAC.